Emailing is the most widespread form of technology for communication across the world. In this respect, MS Outlook is one of the greatest email clients with a variety of business apps to improve business and personal communication.
Microsoft Outlook utilizes Offline Storage Table (OST) files to save information locally on the user’s computer. You will be able to work offline using the aid of these files. Once you connect to the internet, the data will synchronize automatically with the help of a Microsoft Exchange Server.
Since, the OST file contains all the necessary information to connect to the account offline, such as email messages, calendars, contacts, and other tasks that need to be transferred to a different computer. In the next section, we will discuss the most reliable approaches to move Outlook OST file to new computer.
Reasons to Copy OST File to New Computer
The reasons for copying OST file to another computer can differ from person to person. Some of the most common reasons are mentioned below:
- You purchased a new computer and want to transfer your Outlook data to the new computer with Microsoft Outlook.
- When you use Outlook to access your Gmail/Exchange account and wish to transfer the mailbox data to another Outlook, Exchange, or Office 365 account.
- Move Outlook data from Outlook For Windows to Outlook For Mac.
- Copying OST file to another computer helps you to keep your data safe and secure in case of any data loss.
These are some most common reasons to transfer OST file to new computer. Now, Let’s discuss the process to move Outlook OST file to new computer.
Manual Method to Copy OST File to New Computer
Here, we will discuss the easiest and most effective manual solution to migrate OST file to new computer. To accomplish this process, first, we will convert OST to PST format and then transfer these PST files to another computer.
Export OST File Data to PST From Your Old Computer
- Firstly, Open Outlook on your system.
- Then, go to the File menu and choose the Open & Export option.
- After that, click on the Import/Export option.
- In the next step, choose the Export to a File option and select the Outlook Data File (.pst).
- Afterward, choose the email account you wish to export, or you can also choose folders from this account.
- In the end, navigate to the location where you want to save the file, and hit the Finish button.
The above steps will help you to convert OST files to PST format. Now, you can transfer these files to any Windows OS with ease. After that, perform the steps below to transfer the PST file to Outlook on the new computer.
Import the Resultant PST File into Your New Computer
- Firstly, open Outlook email clients on your computer and go to the File section.
- After that, click on the Open and Export section and select the Import/Export option.
- Then, choose Import From Another Program and file >> Outlook Data File.
- Afterward, navigate to the PST file in your system and click the Open button.
- Finally, click the Finish button to select the email folder you wish to import.
It is the complete process of manually migrating OST file to new computer. However, the above methods are challenging to perform and you will face many issues in copying OST file to another computer. You might also lose some data during the manual process. To avoid these problems, you can use an advanced and reliable approach that ensures high data security.
Professional Approach to Copy OST File to New Computer
In order to move Outlook OST file to new computer, you can use Cigati OST to PST Converter tool. This utility is designed and developed with the latest algorithm that will help to convert multiple OST files to PST format. After that, you can easily import the converted PST file into your new Outlook profiles. It also allows you to preview the OST file data before starting the conversion process.
Additionally, this software is easy to use and doesn’t need any technical expertise. It also helps you to keep the files and folders in their original structure by maintaining the folder hierarchy. You can also migrate your OST files to Gmail, Thunderbird, Office 365, Yahoo, and many other web-based email clients.
Users may need to transfer OST as well as PST files in order to use the same account across different computers. In this blog, we’ve discussed how to copy OST file to new computer using a manual and a professional approach. Both methods are easy to perform. However, In order to make the process more effective, users can follow an automated approach to move Outlook OST file to new computer without any hassle.