NSF and PST are two different formats supported by two different email clients. IBM Lotus Notes support NSF. In contrast, PST is supported by Outlook. Many users nowadays are moving towards Outlook from Lotus Notes. In case you are also considering to import NSF to PST. Here in this blog, you will get all details about the execution of the process. However, there are many reasons why users convert NSF to PST.
Reasons, why users import NSF to PST are mentioned as follows-:
- The user interface of Outlook is much easier as compared to Lotus Notes.
- As Outlook is a Microsoft product, it is cheaper, whereas Lotus Notes has high pricing.
- One of the reasons why users execute NSF to PST conversion tasks is that users want to migrate from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
- The maintenance cost of Lotus Notes is much higher than Outlook.
- Users find it difficult to synchronize with Lotus Notes.
Methods to execute Lotus Notes to Outlook-:
There are two ways to import NSF to PST; Manual or Professional. Both are different from each other. Here you will get to know about both methods.
The manual method for NSF to PST Conversion-:
The manual method includes two parts to import NSF to PST and users have to execute the procedure.
PART 1: Export NSF file to intermediate CSV file;
- You first have to launch the IBM Lotus Notes application on your Windows system.
- Search the NSF file which you want to export.
- Go to the menu bar and select the file option.
- Select the NSF mailbox and click on export.
- Now, you can choose between the tubular and structured text.
- You can click on the continue button.
- As a report type, select the CVC file.
- Now your data will be saved in the CVC Format.
PART 2: Import the CSV File into MS Outlook:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook.
- Now you can click on open, and from the file menu, export the file.
- Click on the import and export option.
- Now you can click on the next button.
- You can select the Comma Separated Value as the record type.
- Click the Browse option; now, you can select the path for CSV.
- Select the folder of Outlook where you want to import the data.
- Al last, imports a file dialog box. Now check the box, and then you can click on Finish. If you want, you can change the Destination and Map Custom fields here.
- Finally, your data will import from a CSV file to MS Outlook.
Drawbacks of Manual Method-
This method has limitations and is not preferred by professionals to convert NSF to PST. Therefore, the manual method is not recommended much. The limitations and details about the method are discuss as follow-:
- You have to be an expert in technology to import NSF to PST manually.
- A major concern in this method is data integrity.
- Most importantly, there are chances of human error.
- Due to complications in working user has chances of data loss.
- No selective conversion is permitted manually.
- Also, it doesn’t allow the conversion of many NSF files to PST.
- There are chances of duplicity in data, and the manual process is tiring.
Professional method to convert NSF to PST-:
The ideal professional tool to convert NSF to PST is Shoviv NSF to PST Conversion Tool. In this method, there is no such risk of losing data and human error. Therefore, it is the perfect way to execute NSF to PST conversion tasks. You can smoothly perform the task with Shoviv software.
Features of the tool are mention as follows-:
- Users can convert multiple NSF files to PST format with a single click without any size restriction.
- Moreover, this software maintains the data integrity and hierarchy of the folder.
- GUI of the software is user-friendly, which makes working with the software easier for technical as well as non-technical users can smoothly import NSF to PST.
- Moreover, users do not need to worry about repeating or restarting the task as the software has an Incremental export feature that helps to resume the interrupted task (intentional or unintentional) from the last ending point. This feature also prevents data from duplicity.
- To filter out the desired and undesired items, users can use the Filter option to help them exclude unwanted data and include the desired one.
- With PST, you can save NSF files into formats like EML and MSG.
- Shoviv tool to convert NSF to PST provides an option for users to split PST files, and you can set the size of the resultant PST file.
- Furthermore, with a folder mapping option, you can easily export desired items from one folder to another.
Working of the Shoviv NSF to PST Converter Tool-:
It is easy to use Shoviv NSF to PST tool, and the working of the tool is discuss below step by step-:
Step 1: You have to go to the official website of Shoviv, and then you can download the Shoviv software.
Step 2: Now, you can click on the add NSF file button of the ribbon bar.
Step 3: Select the particular NSF file you want to convert by clicking on Add NSF file(s) or Search file(s). Further, you can check your file and click on OK.
Step 4: you can see your selected NSF file at the left pane in the folder list. Then to export your NSF file, click on the Outlook PST option of the ribbon bar.
Step 5: Here, Check/Uncheck Sub Folders and then click on the next button.
Step 6: Now you are on the Filter page, check the Export Selected Item Type, and based on the message, date apply the filter option. Provides here option like NSF Folder Mapping and Item Email Translation is also. Henceforth you can choose an option according to your need and click next.
Step 7: Browse the target folder where exported data will be stored. Here are the options to create a password for the PST file and select the size to split the resultant PST file.
Step 8: Your process has ended here. The software will display your process, and you can save the report if you want to. After completing the process click on Finish
Lastly, the recommended and most suggested method is the Professional method because it is easy to perform and has no risk. However, with the manual method, there is a risk of losing data, and no one wants to take any risk. The best tool to convert NSF to PST is Shoviv NSF to PST Converter Tool, which has many advanced features. Additionally, you can download the free demo version of the software, which allows converting the first fifty items per folder.