Nowadays, MS Outlook has become a popular email client among professionals, together with those who use it for personal, because Outlook provides more advanced features compared to other email clients. But, sometimes, Microsoft Outlook not responding and works slowly because of some technical reasons. So in this article, we will provide you with some solutions to resolve your issues.
Microsoft Outlook is a well-known email client in the present scenario. It uses by professionals to use for business purposes and personal use. Microsoft introduced Outlook at the end of the 20th century. Earlier, it was known as Hotmail before being acquired by Microsoft. In some situations, most of its users face the problems like Microsoft Outlook not responding, running slow, and many more. In the following part, we will try to know some common reasons why Outlook is not working correctly.
Why Microsoft Outlook Has Stopped Working
Here, you will see some of the common causes why Outlook has stopped working.
- Sometimes, Outlook doesn’t work correctly due to the latest version of Outlook not being available.
- If there are large-sized mailbox files of MS Outlook, it may create an issue like the system will run slowly.
- The OST file is damaged or corrupted, which may be one of the common reasons.
- Due to some recently installed add-ins in Outlook, they can interfere with Microsoft Outlook working.
- If other applications are running in the background, there are chances to conflict with Outlook.
The above-described are some common reasons which are responsible for Not Responding and Stopped Working of Outlook. In the following section, you will see some reliable solutions to fix your issues.
Solutions to Fix the Issues of Microsoft Outlook Not Responding
Here we are moving to deliver you the best manual solutions. Undoubtedly, using these methods, you can fix your issues.
- Update your Windows or Outlook with the Latest Version.
- Repair your MS Office Suite.
- Reduce Outlook Mailbox size.
- Disable the Add-ins in MS Outlook.
- Open Outlook in Safe Mode.
The above given methods will help you to fix your issue of Outlook being slow and not responding. In the following part, we will discuss the given techniques accordingly.
Solution 1: Update your Windows And Outlook with the latest version
If your windows are not updated with the latest updates, then maybe you will not be able to send or receive emails. So you can install the latest version of your windows and Outlook with the following steps:
- Type update in the search box and click on Check for updates to open the windows update tab.
- Afterward, click on Check for updates, then install the updates if available.
- After that, wait until the update process is not complete. After completing the update process, restart your system.
After updating the Windows, follow the given steps to update your MS Outlook with the latest version.
- Launch the Outlook application and click on the File menu.
- After that, select Office Account hit on the Update Options, and select the Update Now option.
Solution 2: Repair your MS Office Suite
After fixing many problems, till now your MS Outlook is not working or does not run correctly. You can resolve the issues of your Outlook by repairing your Microsoft Office Suite. Perform the following steps to fix the given problem.
- Type Control Panel In the search bar and open it.
- Here, select the Programs and Features option.
- After that, Right click on the O365 application and click on the Change option.
- In the newly open wizard, select Online mode and hit the Repair button.
Solution 3: Reduce Outlook Mailbox size
When you work on Outlook, all data of Outlook store in an OST file, and every time it synchronizes with your Outlook account. Whenever the storage limit of the .ost file exceeds, it starts to occur issues on your system. So, whenever your .ost file is about to reach the storage limit, it’s better to convert OST to PST to keep a backup of your Outlook mailbox. To reduce the mailbox size using Outlook, you can opt for any of the following methods:
- Export Outlook Mailbox Data to PST – Using MS Outlook
- Enable the Auto Archiving option to Convert the OST file to PST
If you have a bundle of OST files and want to export them in PST format, then you can opt for an authentic professional software OST to PST Converter. It will execute your task in an easy way and with no time.
Solution 4: Disable the Add-ins in MS Outlook
In some situations, one or more Add-ins may occur problems at that time, need to disable these Add-ins. To disable the Microsoft Outlook COM Add-ins, follow the given steps:
- Run the Outlook application and type Com in the search box showing Tell me what you want to do and click on COM Add-ins.
- Here, uncheck the unnecessary and faulty Add-ins which you wish to disable.
- After that, click on the OK button and Restart Outlook to make changes successfully.
Solution 5: Open Outlook in Safe Mode
When you start your MS Outlook application in safe mode, all the settings you made changes by your side after opening in the Safe mode Outlook will occupy their default settings. To perform this method, follow the below given few steps:
- Tap the CTRL button and select your Outlook Application.
- Afterward, it will ask you to open Outlook in safe mode and hit the YES button.
There are many ways to open your Outlook in safe mode, but the above method is the most effective, and it works on all versions of Outlook, along with all versions of windows.
With the above-described solutions, following these, you can fix the issues of Microsoft Outlook not responding. But, whenever you perform these methods, you may find these methods are time-consuming and hard to execute. To overcome these methods, we are providing you with the best and most reliable software Cigati OST File Recovery Tool, which will help you to repair your corrupt or damaged OST files easily. In the following, let’s come to discuss the utility in brief.
Best Professional Solution to Repair Corrupt OST Files
Cigati OST File Recovery Tool is a reliable and safest utility that helps to recover your damaged or corrupt .ost files. Moreover, you can also convert the recovered OST file data to different files format. Additionally, the software has some advanced features, which have given in the next part.
Additional Advantages of The OST File Recovery Tool
Here are some advanced benefits of the utility through which you can explore them whenever you need.
- It allows users to export their OST files in various other file formats like PST, EML, DBX, MBOX, MSG, HTML, and TXT.
- The utility provides three modes of recovery, Standard, Advanced and Deep, to recover emails from OST files.
- This tool enables users to restore emails from an OST file within a specific date using the Date Range Filter.
- This software gives a unique feature to recover deleted email items.
In this guide, we have seen various methods to fix the problems of Microsoft Outlook not responding. When you have performed the manuals, you faced some restrictions like it being time-taking, prone to data loss, etc. Therefore, we introduced you to a professional tool Cigati OST File Recovery Tool, that will help you to recover your OST files reliably.