AOL (American Online) is an international media business that provides a range of web-based applications and solutions for companies. In July 2015, Verizon Communications acquired AOL Mail as one of its free webmail choices. It is a well-known email program among American Users. Still, recently users began experiencing a variety of problems connecting to AOL accounts as the communities did not give enough support for the AOL application. In this respect, they start searching for an alternative solution and found Microsoft 365 is the most suitable one.
However, migrating mailboxes from the AOL mail client to Microsoft 365 required a significant amount of effort, especially for customers who are not familiar with Microsoft 365. Therefore, we wrote this guide to aid such users by offering assistance to migrate AOL to Office 365 account.
Reasons to Add AOL Email to Outlook 365
Users face a variety of issues when accessing AOL email. Several users want to know about the benefits of selecting this method to migrate to Office 365. There are a variety of reasons that makes Office 365 a suitable alternative for AOL email, some of which are:
- The primary reason for moving away from AOL is the inability to access your AOL Mail account anytime. When logging into emails, most users encounter a shutdown error in AOL Mail Server.
- Every business is looking for solutions that will give the highest accessibility and security to their business data. In this regard, Office 365 offers more compatible features than AOL, which instigates users to move towards Office 365 environment.
- When we consider it from a security perspective, it is clear that Office 365 is more reliable than AOL.
These are some most common reasons that instigate users to forward AOL email to Office 365 accounts. However, In some instances, users also want to forward AOL email to Gmail account in order to manage their multiple email accounts and keep communication organized. Now, In the upcoming section, we will discuss the methods to add AOL account to Outlook 365.
Manual Ways to Add AOL Email to Outlook 365
AOL is a Web-based application, and therefore users require Outlook Web Access to migrate AOL to Office 365. Follow these steps to forward your AOL email to Office 365 account.
- Firstly, Log in to Your Office 365 account and open Outlook Web Access (OWA).
- After that, click on the Setting icon in the upper right-hand part of the instrument. Then, enter accounts in the search dialog box and choose the Connected Accounts option.
- Then, it will redirect you to a new webpage, where you have to click on the + icon to connect your POP3/IMAP account with Outlook. Outlook mail.
- In the next step, a new tab will open on the screen. Enter your email and password to your AOL account, and then click Ok.
- After that, a message will be displayed on the screen that reads, Connects your email account, click Ok to complete the procedure.
- In the end, you can see the AOL account is added to the Connected Accounts list.
Once your AOL account is connected with your Office 365 account, you can see all the mailboxes associated with Office 365. In addition, all your AOL emails will be placed within the Office 365 mailbox.
However, only some users can do this manually because this process is complex and requires additional knowledge of computers and Office 365. In this respect, an automated approach can assist you in adding AOL email to Outlook 365 effectively.
Advanced Solution to Add AOL Email to Outlook 365
Cigati AOL Backup Tool is a powerful utility that helps you to effortlessly backup your entire AOL mailbox data. This software is specially designed and developed with the latest algorithm that makes it compatible with all the latest versions of Windows OS. With the help of this utility, users can effortlessly transfer their AOL emails to Office 365, Gmail, IMAP, Thunderbird, Hotmail, and many others.
Additionally, it has a user-friendly interface that provides a great user experience. It also enables users to skip unwanted or duplicate emails from the migration process. Moreover, users can also backup and save their AOL emails into various file formats such as HTML, PDF, MBOX, DOC, PST, etc. You can also analyze its performance by using its free version.
We hope you enjoyed the article on how to add AOL email to Outlook 365. With this knowledge, you can ensure your emails are safe and secure. Here, we provided the complete guide of the DIY approach to migrate AOL to Office 365 account. In addition, we provided you an advanced Cigati AOL Backup Tool which is a simple and easy-to-use tool for doing this process more efficiently.