Are you frustrated by Outlook’s sluggish performance and looking for a way to speed it up? But before that, check the reason behind its slow pace. Although there may be a number of causes, you can start by examining the PST’s size. Bulky PST can slow down Outlook’s speed. However, you can split PST files into smaller parts using the below-illustrated methods. So, this write-up will provide you with the technique to break Outlook’s saving format, i.e., PST into smaller parts.
We are aware that Outlook stores its data in PST format. If you want to communicate via Outlook, then you have to share or receive PST. Even so, Outlook suggests using PST files of up to 50 GB. But sometimes, these files become corrupted because they are too large. To prevent yourself from this situation, reduce the size of your PST; otherwise, you will lose your data. Let’s proceed with the method that breaks PST into smaller files.
Split PST file into Smaller Parts With a Manual Approach
There are a few in-built methods that MS Outlook offers you to divide PST into fragments. Let’s unleash the ways in detail.
Method 1: Use the Move To Folder Option to Compress PST
Take the below steps to run the method to split PST.
- Access Outlook and move to the File menu.
- On the new page, select Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Select the Data Files tab and then the Add button.
- Select the PST file items you want to move to the newly created PST.
- Right-click on the selected PST and click on the Move button.
- Following, select the Copy to Folder option.
- At last, click the OK button.
And that’s how to split large PST files into smaller parts. If this method does not work for you, choose the subsequent workaround.
Method 2: Divide PST into Small Sizes By Archive Feature
You can use Outlook’s in-built Archive feature by following the steps listed below.
- Go to the File tab in Outlook.
- Select the Clean-Up Tools option > Archive, as it will help to manage your mailbox.
- Select the folders to archive, after which choose the date for the emails you want to archive before that date.
- Decide the destination for the archiving items.
- Assign a new name for the output file.
- At last, click the Ok button to accomplish the task of splitting large Outlook PST files.
These are a few techniques you can use to reduce the size of a large PST file. But these techniques are very time-consuming and tedious. And sometimes, while using these techniques, your PST file can become corrupted. Additionally, you must have a high level of technical know-how to execute these methods. Furthermore, you can split one PST at a time. To break a batch of PST files, you require an automated solution. Let’s check out how this advanced tool can help you break down your bigger PST into smaller parts.
Split PST into Smaller Files Using an Advanced Approach
The Sysinfo PST Split Tool is a feature-rich tool that enables you to split a large PST file into parts of the desired size. You have the option to manage the parameters to break down the large PST into smaller parts based on size, date, the sender’s email ID, and folders. Additionally, this tool can split single or multiple large PST files into smaller parts. Additionally, it can securely divide large PST files and remove duplicate data. You can add your precious PST file to the split without any fear of data loss.
This write-up offers authentic ways to split PST files into smaller parts with a manual and professional approach. Whereas the conventional method has shortcomings and is unsuitable for batch PST files. On the contrary, a professional tool is easy to use and permits you to split PST on different bases. Without any data loss and quickly.