Nowadays, various users face many problems in their Outlook due to duplicate contacts. Even they not only utilize free space moreover also can lead to mistakes because some of the duplicate contacts are also incorrect versions of the correct ones. It also brings on the slowdown of MS Outlook.
You can effortlessly avoid having duplicate contacts while adding all the email IDs of the same individual by mentioning their proper name. In this upcoming blog, we are going to discuss how you can Merge Duplicate Contacts in Outlook in different ways. Users can quickly go with the direct method or use a third-party tool such as the SysInfo PST Merge Tool.
What are the Reasons for Outlook Merge Contacts?
There are numerous reasons to Combine Duplicate Contacts in Outlook given below. So, let’s get started:
- Importing PST files with the repetition of the same persons.
- Importing contacts from multiple sources.
- Users are using various email accounts or mailboxes in an Outlook application.
- Dragging the emails from the contacts folder.
- If users are integrating various social media accounts on their smartphones, it leads to a slowdown of Outlook.
Here, we learned about the numerous reasons to Merge Outlook Duplicate Contacts.
How to Merge Duplicate Contacts in Outlook?
In some cases, merging or moving contacts from one file to another file may lead to losing crucial information. In this section, we will learn about the various methods to Combine Duplicate Contacts in Outlook. Let’s get started.
- Remove Duplicate Contacts
- Delete multiple duplicate contacts by using the Import/Export software
- Import Contacts Back into Microsoft Outlook
- Professional method to Merge Outlook Duplicate Contacts
Method 1: Remove Duplicate Contacts one by one
- Open MS Outlook and go to the People Tab.
- On your screen, click on the phone option.
- Press “Ctrl” and make sure to choose the specific contacts that you want to remove.
- After that hold on “Delete or Ctrl+D” to remove them successfully.
In the end, you can easily see that your duplicate contacts are removed one by one.
Method 2: Delete Multiple Duplicate Contacts by Using the Import/Export Software
- Open MS Outlook and go to the People Tab on your local system.
- Right-click on the Contacts and choose the “New Folder” option.
- Write the name in the New Folder. For instance, Delete or remove.
- Hold the Ctrl+A > Ctrl+Shift+V and then, go to the Move to Folder option.
- You can see on your screen your current folder is empty.
- Select File > Open & Export > Import/Export option.
- Then, go to the Export to a File option and choose CSV file format.
- Make sure to choose the duplicate folders that you want to remove. Hit on the Next button.
Therefore, you can see your duplicate files are removed by using the Import/Export utility.
Method 3: Import Contacts Back into Microsoft Outlook
- First, Open MS Outlook and then select File >> Open and Export >> Import & Export option.
- Now, go to the Import from another program or file and select CSV.
- After that, opt for the “Do not import duplicate items” option.
- Then, click on the Finish button.
Hence, we have removed your duplicate contacts successfully.
Failures of Performing the Manual Method:
Various challenges faced by the users to perform the manual method are as follows:
- These steps of the manual methods are very lengthy and complicated, especially for beginners.
- It requires a basic knowledge of MS Outlook to perform these steps.
- It consumes a lot of time to get the final solution.
Method 4: Automated Tool to Merge Duplicate Contacts in Outlook
Most of the users want to use the third-party wizard to remove duplicate contacts easily and effectively such as Sysinfo PST Merge Tool. So, it is the most reliable and efficient utility recommended by experts and IT Professionals to merge Outlook PST files. This software merges MS Outlook contacts into a file. It has the option to remove duplicate items from the selected PST files. Users can straightforwardly get the benefit of using this PST merge tool, they can combine various PST files in just a few clicks in a bulk.
In this blog post, we have recommended various methods to Merge Duplicate Contacts in Outlook. Firstly, we discussed the manual methods which consist of three different ways. After that, we learned about third-party software. Users can easily choose which method is easy and less-consuming of time. In the end, I just want to say that make sure to choose the method very wisely.