In this blog, we will explain the various procedures to convert MSG to PDF online. There are methods on the internet that allow you to export the MSG files manually but they usually have many limitations. Therefore, through a deep research here, we are providing the best solutions that can help you to export an MSG file into PDF using MSG Converter.
Reasons Why Users convert MSG to PDF
There are various reasons why users convert their MSG files into PDF and some of them are described below.
- In this era of technology, it is wise to have a backup of your data, so Outlook users often create a backup of their MSG files into PDF for future reference.
- To maintain storage space in Outlook, users sometimes export MSG files in PDF files and keep them on their local computers and delete the MSG files from the server.
- If you are moving from Outlook to another email client then, you need to convert your MSG files to PDF to transfer them.
- PDF files are excellent legal evidence in forensic or legal cases which is why many users keep MSG file data in a PDF document.
- In case, you are working with a client who wants data in a PDF file and you have it in MSG, so in that case you need to convert your MSG file data into a PDF file.
These are some of the reasons that lead users to convert MSG file to PDF. Now let’s move to the next part to learn the best method to save MSG files in PDF file format.
Best Methods to Convert MSG to PDF with Attachments
Here, we will explain the methods of how to export MSG files into a PDF. Normally, you can use Outlook to export MSG files to PDF and we will describe the procedures ahead in this section, so let’s move forward to explore the methods.
- Convert MSG file to PDF Using Print Option of Outlook
- Export MSG to PDF Using Outlook & Word
Method 1: Convert MSG to PDF Using Print Option of Outlook
MS Outlook has a Print option that can convert your Main Database File (MDF) into PDF format. So follow the below-outlined steps.
- Locate the MSG file you want to convert and right-click on it.
- The selected file will open in the Outlook application.
- Now, click on File >> Print.
- Select Print >> Microsoft Print to PDF >> Print.
- Assign a destination and file name and click Save.
Method 2: Export MSG to PDF Using Outlook & Word
In this procedure, we will explain how you can save MSG to PDF using Outlook and Word, so follow the steps below.
- Select the MSG file that you want to convert and open it through Outlook.
- Then, go to File >> Save As.
- Set the destination to save the selected file in .html format.
- Now, go to the saved location and right-click on it and open it with MS Word.
- Open the File menu of MS Word and click on the Save As option.
- Choose PDF to save the HTML file to PDF.
- Finally, your MSG file is converted into a .pdf file format.
These are all the manual solutions that you can use to export MSG files into a PDF document file. However, using the above methods you cannot batch convert MSG to PDF, so if you have multiple MSG files then these manual methods won’t work for you as they take a lot of time and effort. Furthermore, the manual methods are quite complex hence, not suitable for the non-technical users. Therefore, we are suggesting that you use an automated MSG File Converter to convert MSG files to PDF with attachments in bulk.
In the above write-up, we have explained the various procedures that can help you to convert msg to pdf. There are two methods that you can follow using MS Outlook and successfully saving your MSG into PDF. However, these methods require time and technical expertise to perform. Therefore, we have also mentioned a professional approach that can convert multiple MSG files at once. Well, you can use any of the above solutions as per your convenience and requirement.