Automatic transmission makes driving more relaxed and convenient. The thing is that you must have knowledge about how automatic car functions. Here some easy facts about Automatic transmission. There is gear but it functions differently.
2. Reverse (R)-: This mode is to move the car in a backward position. Use this function when the car is completely stopped and then shift lock position must be pushed.
3. Neutral (N)-: This transmission is for free car movement under its own weight, in this, there is an absence of transmission from the wheels. In this position, it is possible to start the car.
4. Drive (D)-: Drive mechanism is for car moving forward and throttle. This is possible through the range of gears provided in the car. Depending upon the car model the gears mainly ranges from 3 to 8.
Tips for Driving an Automatic Car:
1. The AT cars comes only with two-foot pedals the brake and accelerator pedal (gas pedal)
2. While driving use your right foot for operating those two pedals and the left foot rests beside.
3. Prior to starting the car check, that gear is in (p) mode and then start the engine.
4. Afterward, press the brake pedal and push the gear from Park position to drive mode.
5. Make sure that you have enough space to move the car Release handbrake
6. If there are other vehicles around use indicators to warn them.
7. Gradually move your foot from the brake pedal and the car will move forward.
8. To increase the speed press gas pedal and here your easy driving car goes smoothly.
Now a day’s automatic transmission car is gaining popularity in India. The AT cars are simply awesome to drive especially when you are on highways and it also gives great relief to congested city traffic drive where one is free from the hassle of shifting gears very frequently. Hence, this article will surely help in getting the idea of how to drive an automatic car.
Also read: Uses and facts of INSAT satellite (ISRO)
Hope this article has helped all the new learners to drive an AT car with less pain. Always put your seat belt while driving and while learning takes the help of your guide and trainers.