Voice and data technology solutions phase out traditional business communications systems. Combining data, voice, and video channels into a unified infrastructure allows an entire organization or business to easily and quickly collaborate. A unified communication solution provided by this data cabling Melbourne company allows your management team to add new employees, set up remote offices, and manage teleworkers with less effort and expense.
In this article, you’ll learn more about the advantages of voice and data technology solutions in detail.
What Are Voice And Data Technology Solutions?
Voice and data technology solutions refer to hardware and software systems used for business communications over the Internet, which include the following:
- Voice Solutions: On-premise, digital systems, IP systems
- Data Networking Solutions: Switches, network security, and ATAs and Gateways
- Conferencing: Video conferencing and conference phones
- Common Communication End Points: Mobile phones, office phone systems, voicemail, fax machines, video conferencing hardware, conference applications, calendar applications, email applications
Now that you know what voice and data technology solutions are, it’s time to learn their advantages:
1. Provide Excellent Customer Service With IP Telephony
The IP telephony providers, such as NTS Direct, can help businesses design and implement a reliable phone service. For instance, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) capabilities include dial tone, call transfer, routing, hold, voicemail, and phone conferencing through an existing data network.
The VoIP allows your employees to answer and transfer calls regardless of their location. In this way, you’re able to provide excellent customer service because of:
- Crystal clear connection
- Reduced wait times
- Call monitoring
- Prompt issue resolution
2. Suitable Features For Small and Large Teams
The VoIP has advanced features, even allowing a one-person operation, perfect for small businesses. These advanced features also make large companies more approachable.
Check some of the advanced features of voice and data technology solutions:
- Auto call attendant
- Call transferring
- Call conference
- Advanced call management
- Anonymous call rejection
- Call routing
- Call analytics
- Business text messaging
- Call forwarding
3. Help In Remote Workforce Management
Do you want to set up a remote workforce? Remote workforce set up and management are possible with data-based phone solutions. How does it work? Your remote workers can access your phone services via a secured Virtual Private Network (VPN) connected to the office like they’re working at your headquarters’ desks.
Here are the advantages of Voice and data technology solutions in remote workforce management:
- Conduct reliable, issue-free, and flexible remote meetings and webinars via voice, video conferencing, and Web technology
- Safeguard your business from security risks
- Reduce communications lag and other troubleshooting issues between remote offices
- Integrate mobile devices, like smartphones and tablets, into your business communications infrastructure
- Empower your employees to work from anywhere at any time
4. Promote Higher Scalability
Scalability, or the ability to adjust in smaller or bigger business operations, is another advantage of voice and data technology solutions. It’s an attractive business communication proposition for growing businesses.
If you’re a business owner who prefers a phone system that grows with your business, VoIP is highly recommended. A VoIP solution eliminates purchasing expensive hardware and dedicated additional lines as you grow.
Voice and data technology solutions promote higher scalability whenever you need to:
- Open a new branch or geographical expansion
- Get a sudden spike or influx of customers (seasonal sales)
- Obtain new accounts
5. Completely Portable
A VoIP number refers to a virtual number that your business can use wherever you go. If ever your business address changes, you can use the same VoIP number.
6. Direct Cost Savings
Businesses incur massive initial costs from PBX hardware and expensive business phones. Even businesses with a few employees are required to invest upfront on physical hardware costs.
The VoIP phones utilize the Internet or computer network. It means that you don’t have to worry about the upfront infrastructure and maintenance costs of a separate voice communication system while allowing you to operate and scale your business effectively.
Take a look at these direct cost savings associated with using VoIP:
- A VoIP system can provide your organization with high-quality phone systems, including the typical phone features without the expensive hardware.
- With VoIP, there’s no need to lease or purchase costly hardware nor install any wiring. Broadband connections don’t require extra copper wiring because VoIP networks allow voice and data functions on the same channel.
- A VoIP service enables businesses to cut costs associated with calling expenses, taxes, and maintenance fees. These costs are rolled into subscription plans, making VoIP service a good proposition for startups and small-medium sized businesses (SMBs).
- Maintenance costs are also included in your monthly service payments, decreasing the operating costs incurred with traditional phone systems.
With voice and data technology solutions, you can benefit from cost savings, high scalability, portability, and remote work management. The VoIP networks don’t require extra hardware because a broadband connection is used to power the service. Also, VoIP helps companies avoid stressful days spent reviewing monthly telecom bills with unpredictable charges.