Social media has transcended from being a mode of recreation to becoming a necessity. It is now the go-to destination for over 2.46 billion people worldwide to get entertainment, infotainment as well as information.
From job hunt, to cooking, and politics; social media seems to have overpowered all other marketing channels. It for this reason that businesses are now paying more attention than ever before on reaping the benefits of this cost-effective, versatile and lucrative channel.
Here, we have enlisted the top 5 free social media tools that will allow you to multiply your conversions manifolds by only investing your time;
Over the years, HootSuite has solidified its reputation as a benchmark social media intelligence and monitoring tool that allows businesses to optimise their social media tactics.
It allows users to streamline social media marketing endeavours that tend to spread over multiple social networks thus allowing you to monitor your brand’s reputation and as well as your customers’ views about it.
It also portrays placement patterns that enable you to engage 8 times more customers than your existing reach. Here are some of the features that we love most about Hootsuite:
- It houses an employee advocacy feature that increases your team’s efficacy by allowing all team members to step in and take advantage of upcoming opportunities without having to wait for their management’s approval.
- It can also be used to offer personalised customer service to all of your customers and respond to queries raised on channels promptly.
- Different social networks have different times when their user base is the most active. HootSuite, therefore, allows you to schedule posts for over 35 networks and consequently reach your audience at just the right time.
- It offers detailed insights pertaining to your posts and activities via its real-time analytics tool so that you can measure the ROI for every piece of your content.
- It has also been adjusted for social listening such that it monitors all conversations that may affect your brand and then segregates them as being positive, neutral or negative.
- Last but not least, it offers content curation services by developing pertinent keywords and hashtags, etc. that will keep your audience engaged via quality content.
Tweetdeck is ideal for businesses whose primary source of traffic is Twitter. The reason for this is that it offers a plethora of functionalities which uncover the business opportunities that Twitter has to offer. It also allows you to monitor your customer-engagement levels in real-time.
Tweetdeck is a Twitter-centric CMS that enables you to develop customised feeds, monitor trends, target suitable users and respond to queries and concerns from one dashboard. In addition to Twitter, Tweetdeck can also be connected to other social media platforms so that you can gather all your information at a single platform. Here are some the best features of this tool;
- Tweetdeck offers an extremely comprehensive list of management functionality that allows you to schedule Twitter posts and also enables you to disseminate them among the right audience and at the right time.
- It delivers prompt notifications as soon as your posts receive a response and your brand is discussed on a pertinent page.
- Tweetdeck is available on a wide variety of intuitive and minimal-maintenance formats so that you can choose the format that suits your business needs best. You have the option of using a web, Chrome or desktop app depending upon your need.
Buffer is among the most popular tools among social media marketing start-ups and is currently being used by more than 4,000,000 marketers globally. It has been able to dominate its niche owing to its unparalleled scheduling functionality that allows you to schedule posts for a date and time that will engage your clients the most.
Moreover, it also allows you to standardise and amplify all of your social media marketing tactics via its useful browser extension that is capable of simultaneously functioning at several distinct locations. Here are some of Buffer’s key features:
- It enables you to develop updates for all social media platforms through a single comprehensive dashboard and share them simultaneously as well. You can also instantly share posts in bulk on various profiles.
- Like every good social media tool, Buffer also offers state of the art engagement metrics that allow you to efficiently track your user engagement levels as well as the popularity of your content.
- It can be easily connected to your favourite data sources and feeds so that you can identify and disseminate pertinent content with only a click.
- Buffer comes equipped with a GIF and video uploader that you can capitalise on to enrich your content with visuals such as videos, images and GIFs.
In addition to an utterly adorable interface; MeetEdgar is praised worldwide for its unmatched administrative independence. It conveniently automates all those social media activities that do not require direct intervention and hence becomes your customer relationship manager as well as your content manager.
It knows exactly which content to share and re-share and how to keep your audience engaged and informed when you are out of office. The most powerful features of MeetEdgar include:
- It catapults conversions by automatically re-sharing your most popular posts. This not only gives more exposure to your finest content but also helps generate traffic.
- MeetEdgar boasts a feature called Super Smart Insights that automatically publishes content such that your profiles remain active.
- It also enables you to optimise your social media efforts by providing insight into when your audience is likely to respond to your content.
IFTTT is an invaluable tool that allows you to post an image on Instagram, share it with your customers via email and upload it instantly on to your Dropbox account all via a single process. It is a unique solution for streamlining social media marketing efforts over a number of platforms as it enables you to turn applets on and pull data from over 500 social media websites and marketplaces. The best features of IFTTT (if-this-then-that) include:
- IFTTT is the only social media tool that has primarily been designed for mobile users such that it offers elaborate apps for both iOS as well as Android devices.
- It offers the unique functionality of developing custom connections with third-party applications and services. Due to this, you can conveniently manage any social media platform that you need instead of having to choose from a set list of social media channels as provided by other tools.
- IFTTT is an ideal content creation tool as it directs your attention towards high-quality content and pertinent discussions.
Unleashing the full potential of social media can be a mammoth task, however, due to the presence of these free of cost tools the conquest is up for grabs for anyone who carefully blends these tools such that they complement each other.
| About the Guest Author:
Alycia Gordan is a freelance writer who loves to read and write articles on healthcare technology, fitness and lifestyle. She is a tech junkie and divides her time between travel and writing. You can find her on Twitter: @meetalycia