Folks with curly hair, finally we brought good news for you. Yes, you’ll now get to know how to make natural wave pomade. In your waves grooming sessions, you may not be able to buy those costly pomades again and again.
Those readymade pomades may have chemicals that don’t suit each hair texture. Also, you possibly don’t like the grease your wave pomade has. Don’t worry about all these things anymore.
With few things, you can now make your own natural wave pomade at home. Here we come with an easy formula to make natural wave pomade at your own kitchen. So, let’s get started!
How to Make Natural Wave Pomade?
Everyone has their own choice of grease into the pomade. Not all hair texture requires the same hold pomade. Some people grow waves into straight hair, and others grow in their curly hair.
Based on the straight hair texture, they can make straight hair pomade at home. The same is applicable with curly, coarse hair. That’s why we will describe three recipes of wave pomade with three different holds.
Beeswax Hair Pomade With Heavy-Hold
Beeswax helps make the pomade finely greasy with a firm hold. Adding more beeswax provides a stronghold in the pomade. Here is what you need to make beeswax hair pomade;
- Beeswax- 20 teaspoons
- Coconut Oil- 20 Teaspoons
- Essential Oil- 20 Drops
- At first, take one inch of water into a double boiler to melt the beeswax. Place it on the stovetop and heat it at medium-low heat. Then, 20 tablespoons of beeswax on the top pot of the boiler.
- After when the beeswax is entirely melted, add 20 teaspoons of coconut oil and 20 drops of essential oil.
- Stir the blend with a wooden spoon to mix all the ingredients.
- Once all the ingredients are mixed well, pour it into a small jar. Leave it for three hours to cool, then use whenever needed.
Shea-Butter Hair Pomade with Moderate Hold
Shea butter provides deep nourishment into your hair and also the scalp. To make this pomade, you’ll need;
- Shea Butter- 3 tablespoons
- Jojoba Oil- 2 tablespoons
- Beeswax Pastilles- 2 tablespoons
- Cornstarch- 2 tablespoons
- Essential oil- 10 drops
- Vitamin E- ½ teaspoons (Optional)
- Pour one inch of water into a double boiler and place it on the stovetop. Then place the top of the boiler to melt the ingredients. If you do not have a double boiler, you can still do this with a pot and heatproof bowl.
- Add 2-tablespoons beeswax pastilles and 3-tablespoons shea butter into the top pan of the boiler. Mix them well with a large wooden spoon until they are entirely melted.
- Now take a separate bowl and add jojoba oil, cornstarch, and vitamin E. mix them well. Combine it with the mixture at the double boiler. Turn off the heat of the stove.
- Finally, add 10-drops of essential oil into the mixture. Use a whisk or beater to mix all the ingredients finely. You’ll get a thick blend of pomade. Now it is ready to use. Pour it into a container.
Creamy Wave Pomade
This recipe needs unrefined shea butter, aloe vera gel, coconut oil, glycerin, and essential oil. All the ingredients don’t contain any chemicals so safe for hair. On top of that, it doesn’t require heating the ingredients. You’ll need these ingredients in the following measure;
- Unrefined shea butter- ¾ cup
- Aloe Vera Gel- ½ ounce
- Coconut oil- ½ ounce
- Glycerin- ½ tablespoon
- Essential oil- ½ tablespoon
- Take a large bowl and add shea butter, coconut oil, aloe vera, and essential oil.
- Mix all the ingredients with a large spoon. Combine them until you get a creamy texture.
- After mixing all the ingredients, pour it into a jar. You can use it anytime to groom waves and other hairstyles.
Making natural wave pomade is too easy. Up to now, you know how to make natural wave pomade. We hope you can now make your favorite wave pomade with the desired hold. Best of luck!