The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a variety of mental and physical health issues. With anxiety levels increasing and exercise levels decreasing, it is important that every individual begins to prioritize their overall health and wellbeing. Working out at home offers an opportunity to improve your health in the comfort of your living room. In this article, we will share how working out at home can contribute to your overall health and wellbeing. In addition, we will offer creative ways that you can work out at home. As you journey through the COVID-19 pandemic, it is more important than ever to take the necessary steps to improve your health.
Benefit 1: Improved Mental Health
Working out consistently can improve your mental health. Throughout this pandemic, many people have struggled with anxiety, depression, and a variety of other mental health issues. Exercising regularly reduces brain fog, boosts self-esteem, and releases stress. At-home exercise is the safest option as Coronavirus continues to spread throughout the nation. There are a variety of ways to get a quality workout at home in an effort to improve mental capacity.
Benefit 2: Improves Immune System
Exercise boosts the immune system in a variety of different ways, including:
- Flushing out bacteria from the lunge and air passageways
- Circulates antibodies that help detect viruses
- Slowing down the release of stress hormones
When a virus is spreading, it is important to keep your immune system in top-notch condition. If you regularly work out at home, your body is alert and able to respond quickly to any potential virus threat. Knowing that you are optimizing your immune system through exercise allows you to rest easy, assured that you are doing all you can to promote health and safety.
Benefit 3: Reduces the Feeling of Going “Stir-Crazy”
Whether you are sheltering at home or slowly returning to your typical lifestyle, we have all experienced the “stir-crazy” feeling within the last few months. When all your time is spent at home, the days and weeks feel extra long. Working out at home is the perfect way to break up your day and eliminate monotony. Daily rhythms are an important aspect of overall health. Maybe working out in the morning encourages you to wake up at a consistent time everyday. Maybe you choose to workout in the afternoon to separate work hours and leisure hours. When you add movement into your routine, your body begins to sink into a rhythm and develops a much needed habit.
What Workouts Can You Do at Home?
There are so many workouts that can be done in the comfort of your own home. Some creative options include:
- Streaming online livestream classes. Many yoga, barre, hiit, and crossfit gyms are streaming workouts
- Weight Lifting. Many people are utilizing this time at home to improve their strength. There are thousands of affordable, high-quality products on the market that can be used to create a home gym.
- Get outside. If you feel comfortable going outside, you can take walks, bike rides, and jogs around your neighborhood.
Working out does not just improve your physical health, it improves your mental health as well. With a pandemic happening across the world, it is crucial that we prioritize our health and safety. Adding movement to your daily routine can boost your immune system and allow you to think more clearly. Take the time today to move your body and invest in yourself!
- Home Gym Strength: https://homegymstrength.com/why-working-out-at-home-is-still-your-best-option-during-the-coronavirus/
- Mindxmaster: https://www.mindxmaster.com/your-guide-to-staying-fit-without-a-gym/
- Medline Plus: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/007165.htm#:~:text=Physical%20activity%20may%20help%20flush,system%20cells%20that%20fight%20disease.
- Home Gym Strength: https://homegymstrength.com