If you want to be sure whether or not the touch bar feature of the MacBook Pro modelsis the right one for you, you willneed to know and weigh the pros and cons of it first. It is only then you can decide whether the new 13 inch and even a 15 inch Touch Bar MacBook Pro will be a helpful and productive investment for you.
Apart from that, you can even visit the official website of MacBook to have a more in-depth knowledge and evaluation following their detailed comparison of the “Mid-2017” and “Mid-2018” models.
The pros and cons
However, if you are interested in the highlightsand the pros and cons of macbook pro 13 inch touch bar more, then this article will be helpfyul.
As the advantages of this feature you will get the following:
- Beautiful images
- Highresolution “Retina” displays
- True Tone technology if you use the “Mid-2018” model
- Automatically adjusting feature to the color temperature depending on the ambient light to ensure a more improved experience.
- Powerful speakers
- Incredibly lightweight and sleek aluminum case
- Fast performance for all “Late 2016,” “Mid-2017” and “Mid-2018” models
- A solid battery life
- Removable internal storage
- A clear, clever, and versatile “Force Touch” trackpad and
- Thunderbolt 3 connectivity standard making it faster and easytouse.
As for the downsides of the touch bar feature you can expect the following:
- You will not be able to upgrade or replace the processor and RAM as these are soldered to the motherboard
- The thin design is more likely to throttle the performance as it will cause the notebook to overheat in specific user case scenarios
- The battery is glued in its place
- There is less ‘travel’ in the keyboard keys and therefore you may find it a bit difficult to type
- The “Mid-2018” MacBook Pro models have limited travel even if it is perhaps less prone to failures and quieter
- You may find the “Touch Bar” concept gimmicky and basically unnecessary
- The 13-Inch “Touch Bar” MacBook Pro models earlier the “Mid-2018” line have reduced Thunderbolt 3 performance on at least two of its four ports
- There is no SD Card slot
- It has no “MagSafe” power connector and
- It is expensive.
However, in spite of all these disadvantages, the “Touch Bar” MacBook Pro models can be the best choice for those users who want:
- A powerful notebook to work on
- A solid battery life
- A comparatively lightweight unit and
- Have an ample budget.
On the other hand those who are in a tighter budget but still find a lot of value in expansion may use the older “Mid-2015” MacBook Pro models with “Retina” displays that are available in the used market as Apple does not sells these models any longer.
| About the Guest Author: