Have you ever used the dull disk management tool in Windows, It doesn’t have all the desired options that every user needs. Firstly let me tell you about partition. What is disk partition? In simple words, the partition is a logical space on the hard drive or any storage media. Your hard drive in PC has different drives like C, D, E, etc; these drives are actually called partitions. The disk partitioning software makes sure that the partitioning task is done in the best possible way. It also makes sure that the partition is done according to predefined processes that make it easier for people to use the disk without any problems and troubles. Here is the best Top 10 hard drive partitioning software.
Top 10 Partition Manager – hard drive partitioning software
These top 10 partition management software would definitely make the user’s life easier. I have mentioned the advantages and disadvantages of most software. Let’s review them one by one.
Important note: Partition is not for beginners. If you are new then please read the documents in details to use the desired software. Doing the wrong partitions may result in data loss and system damage or curruption.
AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition is a free software to partition the drives. I am using it very often and it does the work in a pretty awesome way. You can easily resize, merge, create, Extend ,Partition format, align, split, and recover partitions, you can also copy whole disks and partitions.
AOMEI Partition Assistant can be used to create a bootable Windows flash drive. Some advance options like moving an operating system to an entirely different hard drive partition and conversion of disk between GPT and MBR is also supported.
- All latest versions of Windows are supported like 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
- Can be easily operated by novice users.
- Some partition management features are limited and offered only in their paid or professional version of AOMEI partition assistant. Features like ability to convert between primary and logical partitions is available in pro version.
It is one of the best and modern software to perform different operations on partitions. It performs variety of tasks and it also has an embedded function of NTFS to fat conversion and vice versa to ensure that users get the best results out of the conversion and the system remains safe and up to the mark without any problem.
- User Friendly
- Constantly upgraded by the developers
MiniTool Partition Wizard has more advanced partition management features than most similar softwares. It is a free partition tool that support simple functions like deleting, formatting, moving, resizing, merging, splitting, and copying partitions. Apart from that this program can also check the file system for errors, wipe partitions, run a surface test and align partitions.
The advanced features like ability to move the operating system to a completely different hard drive as well as to recover lost or deleted partitions is also supported.
- All the latest Windows OS are supported like Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
- Supports various hard disks including SATA, SCSI, IDE and all USB external drives.
- Data Protection Mode can help against data corruption.
- MiniTool Partition Wizard doesn’t support manipulating dynamic disks.
This software can do any kind of task a user might think of. Users must read the manual before installing this program. This is best software to merge the partitions.
- Easy to use with friendly user interface.
- Dual boot System can also be created using this software.
- This software is a bit hard and difficult for new users.
- Its very simple to use.
- It supports all the common and advanced partitioning functions.
- It also allows for backups creation.
- Also supports some best useful drive management features
- You can’t work on locked volumes means the c drive or system partition.
- It will crash if you extend a locked volume.
- Copying partitions are not supported.
It is one of the best and highly rated programs in the field of management of the hard drive partition. The developer team of Paragon has got many awards on the development of this program. Development team make sure that the user can perform all the desired function in the best possible way. It performs every task related to hard drive partitions that users can think of.
- The interface is easily understandable.
- Simple to use.
- The program is used by professionals and is too expensive.
This program is one of the management partition tool that has been downloaded the most, but weirdly the user ratings are not that high as it should be. From doing partitions to combine partitions every possible task can be performed using Acronis disk director.
- GUI based interface, therefore easy to use.
- Users can perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
Partition Logic is one of the free and open source projects that can be used to ensure that the disk partitioning is done in a simple and easy way. It also ensures that the user is guided on each and every steps to make sure not errors are created during partitioning.
- This program is open source software which means users can download it for free.
- The use of the program is simple.
- This software has limitations on system requirements and hardware.
Also read: How to Recover Formatted Hard Disk Data Free
#9. Cute Partition Manager – partitioning software review
The Software has a DOS interface, so it is not for the novice user but still have best functionalities supported. The program support variety of features that user need during the partitioning process.
- The program has a very simple interface and it is easy to use.
- The changes to the drive can be seen before they are processed.
- This software has no advanced features such as resize and merge partitions
- It has not been updated in many years.
So that’s all on the list. If I didn’t include any best software you know, please just put it in the below comment area. Thanks for reading.