The general rule of thumb while going for a wristwatch is to keep in mind that one–size-does-not-fit-all. With that in mind and out of the way, there are several other considerations as well. But as far as the perfect timepiece is concerned, the wrist size is the first parameter to check.
It is all about the balance and proportion for a wristwatch. The following post is all about the tips that will enable you to purchase a unique timepiece that perfectly suits your frame. So, what are these tips? Read on to know more.
What is the expert comment?
Expert watchmakers like the Garmin Singapore, advise that there are no set rules for selecting the perfect dimensions, size or shape of a wristwatch. There isn’t a mathematical formula that will yield the ideal result, but there are still certain general good practices to abide by. If you are experiencing difficulty trying to choose the right timepiece for your wrist, here are a few starters.
- Make sure that the watch feels comfortable on the wrist
- Ensure that the watch is lightweight yet made of durable material
- Thirdly, keep in mind that the timepiece needs to be tight adequately to circumvent sliding off and slack enough to avoid digging into the skin
Knowing the wrist size
The first step is to know the right wrist size. Armed with your wrist size, you can prepare to embark on the journey of choosing the right wristwatch. Keep in mind that there are wrist categories like the slender, thin, thick, and the medium.
You need to make sure of the category of your wrist before making a choice. When your wrist size and the watch size complement each other, you can be assured of a style statement like no other. Additionally, this will also ensure high levels of comfort and usability for the wearer.
If you are looking to make a purchase online, then it is imperative that you know your wrist dimensions. If unsure, you can use the following guide to correctly measure your wrist size, all from the comfort of your workstation. Narrow down the choice of design only after you are sure of your wrist size.
Measuring the wrist
Here is how to measure your wrist at your home,
- Use a flexible tape measure or a simple piece of paper
- Wrap the tape or the paper around your wrist under the wrist bone where you would normally wear the watch
- Take a marker and mark the point where the ends meet
- Unwrap the marked paper or the tape measure and note the measurement with a scale/ruler
Wrist measurement of 14-16cm is the considered thin, 16-17cm for slender, 17-18cm medium and above 18cm is thick.
Keep in mind to measure your wrist size before making a choice and then move on to the other critical elements for selecting a wristwatch, including the diameter, thickness, and bandwidth for the timepiece. Make the right choice to get the best bang out of your buck.
| About the Guest Author: