There is a basic difference between Microsoft Access and Excel. The basic function of Microsoft Access is to manage and store data. Most enterprises and businesses use Microsoft Access for their business. And it is a part of the Microsoft 365 suite.
Most people confuse this platform with Microsoft excel. But there are a lot of differences between these two platforms.
I think you know Microsoft 365, right? So, Microsoft Access is a member of that family. It was made for enterprise and business users. You can think of this application as Microsoft Excel, but with a lot of features and specifications.
Microsoft Access is a powerful tool for handling data. The basic function is to view, manage and edit data. There are a lot of features in Microsoft Access. Here are the top 5 features of Microsoft Access.
1. Best For Smaller Teams And Individual Users
The application is so simple, and it doesn’t require any special license or hardware to function. For large businesses, there is a need for complicated and larger databases. And these things cost a lot of money. But for small businesses, Microsoft Access is the ideal application.
There are a lot of advantages to using this application. The Oracle and SQL servers are very high usage. After releasing Access in 2007, now, smaller businesses don’t need to buy expensive software for their work. There is an option to turn the database into an application.
2. Easy Understanding Of Client-server Database
Microsoft Access has taken over different applications, there were various applications that were used for the client-server database. And the user interface doesn’t need any professional skills to work on this platform. So if you open a startup, this is the best application that you can use.
The administration and creation of this application are easy to handle. The basic features are similar to Excel. So you will become a master within a couple of months.
3. The Import And Export Option
There is a feature to an interface, you can import data from any other programs. Combining data, transferring data, and storing data is very simple and easy. With Microsoft Access, you can export data and then analyze them.
One of the best features of Microsoft Access is exporting from one database to another.
4. Create And Publish Data
Someone with minimum knowledge can manage and create databases. This is because there are so many templates that you can use on this platform. You can find new databases with forms, tables, reports, macros, and other necessary things. These features are easily created and with less time and effort.
You can find these templates on the web and on the desktop. You can access so many databases, and you can also create them. After that, you can publish them on the SharePoint server.
5. Build And Publish Database
There are already so many templates on the platform. You can create or design the database. If you are familiar with web databases, then you don’t have to put so much effort into making them. This is the best platform if you need a suitable template for your project.
You can use templates by following these steps.
- First, you need to open the backstage and then click on the FILE option.
- There you will find so many templates, you can choose any template from that table. If you can’t find a suitable template, you can also go to additional templates.
- If you find a suitable table for your project, then select the template. There are a few templates that are suitable for web publishing, and there are a few templates that are specific to the desktop database.
- You need to type a file name and choose the location where you want to store your created database.
- You can then click on the create button, and your template is ready.
There Are Some Other Features As Well
- The interface is user-friendly.
- Developers can develop custom-created solutions. There is an option VBA code to allow you that.
- You can show or hide options for Ribbon.
- There are four different ways to view reports. These are- report view, layout view, print preview, and design view.
- You can get the reports in PDF format.
There Are A Total Of Twelve Different Components In Microsoft Access
- Backstage View
- Primary Keys
- Input Masks
- Validation Rules
Microsoft Access And Excel
Both of the platforms are used to store data. In simple words, Excel is used to perform brief calculations. Also, this application is for individual projects. On the other hand, Access can manage a huge amount of data, and you can use Access in various applications.
I think now you have a basic idea about Microsoft Access, its features, and how you can use this platform.
If you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comment section.
About the Guest Author
I am Eric Watson, a Freelance Blogger and well Content Writer with a little over five years of experience in the industry. I have some creative ideas and share my thoughts through blogging. I am passionate about writing for Tech, Health, Business &Finance Etc. These are my sites Top Preference , Big Jarnews , Get Meseen , Okay Magazine & Global Business Dairy .