Any web framework in 2024 is considered an integral part of the development, which is caused by growing standards of applications, other software and the complexity of the technology. For this reason, they are in demand around the world and help to make clear, interactive and functional software in a short period of time. We will analyse the best options for 2024, which can be suitable for any project.
Since the framework is suitable only for managing the state and transferring it to DOM, full-fledged software is difficult to develop without auxiliary libraries (routing, additional functionality).
- High performance, full, stable operation and the availability of virtual DOM.
- Components can be reused, which simplifies the collaboration of specialists or the reuse of elements in other parts of the software.
- A great replacement for writing code when working with React Hook.
- All tools are not only new, advanced, but also retain their benefit in 2024.
- There is a free syntax extension to simplify overall work.
- Orientation to SEO.
- The platform will provide developers with a complete set of components for creating software.
Another candidate for the best web framework in 2024 for the frontend. Angular is based on TypeScript, creators of – Google. The development is done to bridge the gap between classic models, giving excellent results and the rapid development of technology.
The relevance of the framework is maintained by the bilateral data linking function. In other words, real-time data synchronisation occurs. The solution will be ideal for creating web and mobile applications, as well as developing scalable software or multi-page products. Among the large web application development company using Angular, Forbes, BMW, and Xbox can be distinguished.
- The presence of built-in functionality for instant updates in real time.
- High quality code due to architecture.
- All elements can be applied repeatedly, easy handling.
- Simplicity of detection of errors and their easy elimination.
- Ability to maintain the structure, clarity and clarity of code.
- Google Support (LTS), a large community.
Among the features and characteristics expressed, a two-way data binding, cross-platform, the use of the MVC architecture ( Model-View-Controller ) should be highlighted. The framework guarantees high flexibility, exceptional performance for single-page applications, regardless of their volume.
Vue differs from other platforms in simplicity and understanding, and easily solves the popular development problems that engineers using Angular may encounter. The framework makes it possible to do many tasks, perform dynamic and simple processes, including web and mobile, innovative software applications.
The platform itself is made to optimise software performance, solve complex problems.
Moreover, the structure is already used by large corporations, among them:
With regard to the number of users for 2023, statistics are increasing and gradually growing. Among the pluses we highlight:
- The simplicity of the – framework is the main plus, because developers can get high results with the ability to encode in several lines.
- Codes are saved in one file, requiring average costs.
- The framework can be integrated into other platforms, including React.
- General usability and ease of study.
- Works with classic editors.
- All functionality is available and easy to use, and software can be customised for any needs based on project objectives.
- High flexibility, minimum restrictions.
- Excellent documentation, a large community with support and frequent updates.
Among other characteristics, it is worth noting the presence of built-in CSS transitions and animations, virtual DOM, and HTML-based templates. The framework syntax is simple, as is its integration, which gives ease of understanding. Additionally, there is a Vue router for navigating between pages.
ASP.NET Core is a web framework for creating cloud applications. The first version appeared in 2016 as a redesign of ASP.NET owned by Microsoft. The goal of the web framework is to simplify the process of product development through compactness and modality.
Benefits of ASP.NET Core. Source.
Key Features of ASP.NET Core:
- High performance. The framework has a new modular design that improves caching and optimization.
- Cross-platform. ASP.NET Core runs on both Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Razor Pages. This is a new programming model that simplifies the creation of page-oriented applications.
Microsoft excluded “ Core ” from the name, leaving only “.NET ”. The first version using this naming was “.NET 5 ”, released in November 2020.
The jQuery platform is suitable for manipulating DOM and CSS, optimising the interactivity and functionality of software. Previously, it was impossible to create applications for smartphones through this framework, but the latest updates allowed you to scale. In addition, they allow you to deploy native software using the HTML5 user interface. Framework works well with browsers.
The main advantages:
- Wide use, which is associated with ease and simplicity.
- Simple development at the level of intuition, because the library is made using short and simple codes.
- Powerful and understandable syntax that simplifies the selection of DOM components.
- Open Source JQuery Compact Library.
- Interesting animation, effects.
- Fast page loading and high extensibility.
- Convenience for SEO and working with dynamic content.
The framework can be expanded by connecting additional modules.
Several famous sites using the framework:
- Apple music;
- • Twitch.
Often the platform is used to work with the Internet, but the framework will be useful for developing applications on PCs or smartphones. The clearest example of – Apple Music.
Among the advantages we highlight:
- Fast development, which is associated with the command line interface.
- Great performance.
- Double data binding.
- Availability of own funds for debugging.
- Clear documentation.
- Ease of integration with large-scale teams.
- Stability of work.
Free Python-based framework made using the MTV model. The main goal of the – platform is to provide a resource that will simplify the development of complex sites, applications running databases. The emphasis is on the connectivity and reuse of elements, a small amount of code and rapid development.
Python is actively used in working with software, it is used even for files or settings. The framework provides users with a convenient interface for creating, reading, deleting and other works, there is a function of self-diagnosis.
The main advantages:
- Python-based framework, so easy to learn and learn.
- Django and Python – are among the best IT solutions. They are used by Google, NASA and other large corporations, and are also used for the IoT and FinTech sectors.
- A large number of functions, including MVC layout, free API, support for various languages, AJAX, etc.
- Great and clear documentation.
- There is an administration interface.
- Big community.
- The ability to scale and settings.
- High degree of security.
- Template System.
The framework is characterised by SEO support and gives high security to users. It has a universal nature, and other virtues will help to quickly develop new projects.
According to Statista, Flask is part of the top 15 most popular web frameworks of 2023. Along with Django, it simplifies the work of BackEnd developers by providing a platform for creating solutions in Python.
Flask relies on the external WSGI library, as well as on the Jinja2 template engine. This is a ready-made framework that allows you to immediately get to work. There are other benefits of Flask, for example:
- Flexibility. During the movement of the project in a different direction, be sure that when you change any part, the structure will continue.
- Integration with other libraries. Libraries such as SQLAlchemy, WTForms, Redis are used in working with Flask.
- Documentation. Flask Developers Provided Structured documentation, which talked about setting up templates, testing applications, signals, etc.
Organisations such as Netflix, Reddit, CRED, and more than 1,150 other web application development company use Flask. At the time of writing this article, the developers have released 54 updates. The project is developing and could become the most popular web framework in 2024.
It provides tools for creating REST APIs, processing HTTP requests, and rendering views using template engines such as Thymeleaf.
Spring Boot provides the following features:
- Starters Spring Boot. Configured application templates to save development time by installing the necessary dependencies and configurations.
- Auto configuration. Adjusts the components and parameters based on the dependencies of the project.
- Built-in servers. Launches applications using Tomcat or Jetty.
- Functions ready for production. Provides metrics, performance checks, and external configurations.
The framework also supports Spring Cloud, which provides features such as service detection and load balancing.
Another free PHP framework based on Symfony. Laravel is made to create web applications using the MVC model. Among the interesting functions are utilities that assist in the maintenance of software and its launch, various methods of access to databases and orientation to syntactic convenience.
Among the pluses we note:
- Simple solutions for implementing authentication, along with creating authentic logic and controlling access to software.
- Support for KES backends, including Redis.
- All software with this framework is highly protected from falsification of cross-site queries, scripts and SQL implementation.
- Automated testing and the already ready-to-use phpunit.xml file for applications.
- API with a wide range of different backends.
Among other features of Laravel, built-in lightweight templates, a large number of widgets, including with JS and CSS codes, should be noted. Command tools are available from the box, with their help, automation of programming tasks is facilitated, which are constantly repeated.
Ruby on rails
The framework appeared in 2005, providing great opportunities for creating applications. In 2024, Ruby on Rails remains relevant and many frameworks in different languages often use the ideas of this platform.
Among the pluses we note:
- Completely free software with work on Linux.
- MVC centralises software business logic.
- Easy change management.
- The availability of built-in security features.
- High performance.
- Flexibility, because software can use the capabilities of the Rails backend and frontend.
The Rails community is active in monitoring updates and is constantly working to address vulnerabilities. With a framework, it is easy to modify an existing code.
Web application backend basis for Node.js. Initially, the framework was free software, suitable for working with APIs and web applications. It is characterised by a large set of functions in the form of individual utilities.
The advantages include:
- Easy setting.
- Quick and easy creation of software.
- URL and HTTP methods help determine software routes.
- Easy integration with Vash, Jade, EJS, etc.
- The presence of different modules of intermediate software for additional purposes.
- Middleware – a structure element for accessing databases.
- Easy application service.
Express.js is undergoing accelerated development on the server side. For developers there is an improved routing mechanism and high-performance tools for creating templates for dynamic content.
FastAPI is a Python-based web framework that appeared in 2018 to create an application programming interface. It is built on the basis of the Starlette web server and includes automatic data verification, error processing and interactive API documents.
- Compatible with the OpenAPI and JSON Schema dictionary, as well as with OAuth 2.0 and external providers
- Builds GraphQL API using the Python library “ graphene-python ”
- Checks the data type even when using sub-scheduled JSON requests
In addition to working with APIs, web frameworks are also used to deliver web pages using Jinja2 and service applications based on WebSockets. This is one of the reasons why FastAPI is on the list of the most popular web frameworks in 2024.
MVC model framework. The platform was created on PHP using Ruby concepts. It has software design templates built into CRUD for working with databases, automatic code generation, various checks and much more.
The advantages include:
- Lack of pre-tuning needs, which eliminates the hassle for developers.
- Availability of the platform through open source code.
- Integrated ORM for data conversion.
- The ability to create reused parts of the code for further implementation in new projects.
- Testing critical software points.
- Having a safe environment.
- The licence can be expanded through plugins and other components.
Accurate and correct selection of technologies for web application development can be a difficult task, but many factors depend on the project itself. More often, developers choose options that they are already familiar with and worked with earlier, but a review of the best programs for 2024 for the client and server side will help to quickly decide, and some will have to experiment using new frameworks for them, which are needed for a specific project.