HP Smart app is an efficient app from HP that lets you set up and manage your HP printer from the smartphone or other devices. You can scan, print, and efficiently share documents and photos with this app.
If you want to use HP smart app on any of your devices, you have to install it on your devices, and today we will explore how you can use this app.
Let’s get started.
How to Install HP Smart App
To install HP smart app your various devices, you need to follow the steps listed for all those devices. You can install a smart app and set up a printer on all your devices, which runs on Android, iOS, and Windows.
So, today we will look at how you can install and use it on all these platforms.
HP Smart App on Android –
First, we will look at how you can install the app on android devices.
- Open your device and fire up a google play store.
- Search for HP smart app and tap on the install button.
- Once it is installed on your device, click on the Open button.
- Then, you have to accept the terms and conditions to proceed to the next step.
- Now, you can tap on the plus sign on the Home screen if there is more than one printer available. You can add a new printer from choosing the option to add a printer or set up a brand new printer.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process of the HP printer.
To use the HP smart app on android, you need to make sure that you are on the same network as your printer. This app is supported on android Kitkat and later versions of the software. So that’s how you can use the HP smart app on android devices. Now, let’s shift our focus toward iOS devices.
HP Smart App on iOS –
It is very easy to install and use the app on iOS devices, the process is pretty simple and similar to android devices.
- Fire up your device and open app store
- Now, you need to search the HP smart on the store, and then tap on the install button, complete the authentication to begin the installation.
- Now, you need to open the app from the home screen, and iOS apps go to the home screen after installation.
- Now, you have to accept the terms and conditions to proceed with the process.
- Now, you can tap on the plus sign located in the middle of the screen and select the printer you want to add. You can add brand new printers or opt for the existing one.
As we’ve mentioned earlier, your phone and printer need to be on the same network. And HP smart app is only supported on iOS 9 or higher versions. You need to make sure that your iOS device has 9 or higher version.
On both the device, once you’ve added a printer, you can send the commands to print a document from any app which has a print option.
HP Smart app for Windows 10 –
HP smart app is also available for Windows 10 devices; you can easily send print commands using the app. It will help you scan and print, scan any document using the app. You won’t need to contact the HP help center to scan a document, and the app will take care of that.
- First, you need to go to 123.hp.com and look for HP smart app.
- Then, you need to click on the download link for that app, install the app using on-screen instructions.
- Now, you need to open the installed app, select the printer from the home screen on the HP smart app.
- Now, click on Printer properties to open the printer settings screen.
- If Print Anywhere is displayed in the left panel, it means that it is supported.
This way, you can print anywhere from the app for any of the wireless printers that support the same. HP smart app for windows 10 is the best app to scan your documents without losing any data. So, we suggest you download and install the HP smart app on your system and use it for printing scanning purposes.