In the past few months, most of us have spent a lot more time at home than we ever have. If you love keeping busy, you may have decided to tidy up your place and get rid of old stuff. You may have noticed that some of them are in pretty good condition and you want to turn them into income. Well, in this article, we will look at selling old stuff on amazon. The best part is you can do this within minutes. You can even learn a new skill that can see you launch a successful private label product on Amazon.
FBA for selling old stuff
You can use an FBA or Fulfilled by Amazon or FBM referring to Fulfilled by Merchant. As a beginner, it is advisable to use the FBA method. In FBA, the shipping, handling, and customer service is handled by Amazon. The benefits of using FBA include:
- Convenience: You send the stuff that you are selling to Amazon where they store and handle the shipping once a sale is made.
- Customer service management: Amazon is a multi-billion dollar industry that is known for providing excellent customer service. This will give you peace of mind as you sell your old stuff.
- Quick delivery: After making a sell, they have a robust packing and shipping logistic system that can literary deliver a product to any part of the world. This means that your product can reach the buyer in just a couple of days.
- Managing returns: This is not an ideal situation when you sell a product. However, in the event the buyer wants to return the product, they can charge you a processing fee and handle the return for you.
- Shipping rates are discounted: Due to the nature of the business, Amazon is always using shipping companies. This relationship fostered over the years has seen them enjoy great shipping rates. You can benefit from these discounts when you choose this method to deliver products to your buyer.
- Potential of unlimited storage: Whether you are selling as a huge wall unit or stuff that occupies a small space, Amazon will have enough to store your product till you get a buyer. This potential unlimited storage is ideal for even when you set up an Amazon selling business in the future. There is also no minimum inventory required, meaning you can send even one product.
You can utilize the FBA to its full advantage when selling old stuff on Amazon. You can now follow the following steps to get started.
- If you already have an Amazon account, you need to sign up for Amazon seller account. If you do not have an amazon account, sign up and then proceed to the Amazon seller account to set it up.
- You can then add FBA to your newly created seller account.
Once that is done, you can grab your phone and computer and the stuff you want to sell to get started.
- Sign in to your account and select “Add a Listing.”
- You can then enter the name of the product you are selling. You can enter the UPC, ISBN, EAN or ASIN of the product in the search icon and select the correct one when it appears.
- The next page may appear detailed. However, you only need to fill in the condition of the item, its price and quantity. You can then select the FBA option and click save when you are done.
- For new sellers, you may be asked to confirm that you are not selling hazardous products or others that are prohibited by law or even alive or able to kill a person and many others. You can select send inventory option to continue. You will also need to inform Amazon that you are sending various stuff in a box by switching to case packed items. This changes the listing of the inventory where you need to fill in units per case as well as the number of cases.
- The next page asks you to add the address where the inventory is being shipped from. This is your default home address. You will also be asked to name your shipment.
- Using your filled-in address, Amazon will select the facility that is closest to you. You can repeat the steps to add more boxes to sell. You can then add boxes to the shipment name that you added to bundle all your shipments together.
Once this is done, you can review the items and see if you want to make any changes and start the shipping process. You will proceed to the labeling page where you can print and attach labels to your items. You can then choose the size of the shipping and the carrier that you would like to use. After saving, you can print the packing slip and add the dimensions of your box on the next page. You will then be able to see the shipping fee. After agreeing to the amount, you can click save and continue to print the label and stick it to your box and await the scheduled pick up.