If you are using Windows 10 and dealing with the long boot time problem that takes minutes rather than seconds to boot. Then this guide is for you that will show you how you can fix slow boot on Windows 10 quickly and efficiently.
Guide to fix slow boot in Windows 10
Many people upgrade from Windows 8 or 8.1 to Windows 10 and got this problem of slow startup. Also some people get this problem in the clean install. For some people, this process may take more than one minute. The symptoms for these errors are as follows
- A black screen after Windows and manufacturer logo appears.
- Ability to move your mouse pointer around the black screen but cannot do anything else.
There are a lot of fixes that is prevalent among users but firstly we’ll start with the simplest methods to fix this problem. Credit for these fix goes to different users on the Microsoft community helping each other.
Fix 1: Enable / disable the quick Start-up
Fix 2: Updating and using latest Graphics Drivers
Fix 3: AMD Driver disabling power saving mode
Last fix: If Nothing works then
Choice 1: Repair startup
Insert the USB or CD of Windows 10 and go to advance repair and select startup repair. You can also try other repair options.
Choice 2: Downgrade back to Window 8/8.1/7 or Reset
Choice 3: Clean install Window 10
Some precautions and tips
- Before doing anything new please make a backup of your PC.
- You can also make a restore point.
- Always keep the Windows installation or recovery disk ready.
- Don’t install any software that goes in the startup folder of windows. Disable the useless auto startup software from the Task manager –> Start-up.
- Never power off your computer without proper shutdown.
- Update the graphics related software.