Text to speech or text to voice or audio is a great way to create audio with human-sounding voice. Many YouTube users use Text to speech (TTS) software to give the background voice to their videos. There are many other uses of converting the text into the voice as if you have a problem with your eyes then you can listen to the text aloud using TTS software. So here we are discussing some best TTS software for Windows to convert text to voice easily.
Firstly let me tell you that there is an inbuilt feature in Windows that helps to convert the text into speech. But you will not get an mp3 file of the text, for getting the audio files you need some software. To use that inbuilt TTS feature read the trick below or to learn about the TTS software continue reading the post.
Text to voice converter using Notepad in Windows
So you can copy the below code into your Notepad and save your file as TTS.vbs. Remember .vbs extension is Important. Now open the file and enter the text to convert it to speech. See image below
Dim msg, sapi
msg=InputBox(“Enter your text for conversion – By Mindxmaster.com”,”Mindxmaster TTS – Text to Audio Converter”)
Now after the above trick lets comes to the software section. The software helps in converting the text to audio. Apart from that the other features included in the software are:
- TTS software can convert and save the speech as an audio file.
- TTS software supports many types of voices.
- You can add a large text document or PDF file to read aloud or convert to audio file.
There are many other features which I will tell you with the software details.
Text to voice converter – Natural sounding Text to speech software
This was the first software I used and believe me it is Awesome. What I liked about Zabaware TTS is that its Interface is very easy to understand and use. You can see the image below to understand the interface. The different features of Zabaware are
- You can control volume and speed from the panel directly.
- You can choose from more than 20 types of different voices or voice fonts.
- You can save your text into an audio WAV file format.
- You can read the selected portion of the text instead of full text.
- You can also change the font and size of the text.
- Start/stop button is also quite helpful.
The free version of Zabaware software has restricted features. You can buy it to unlock features.