Off-page SEO works together with on-page SEO to create a good SEO strategy. The off-page SEO by Infintech Designs creates a balance with on-page SEO to help boost your online digital marketing.
What is Off-Page SEO?
Off-page SEO involves online search engine optimization that is not directly done on a website. It focuses on SEO goals like:
- Increasing brand awareness
- Improving a website’s profile
- Improving SERP (search engine results pages) position
In simpler terms, off-page SEO involves activities that help a search engine understand your credibility through other sites. These activities include:
- Link building
- Content marketing
- Influencer outreach
- Guest author
- Brand mentions
- Social networking
- Social bookmarking
- Questions and Answers
Off-page SEO strategically and effectively works on helping a website build stuff that people like and want to link to, helping boost ranking on major search engines like Google.
What Are Backlinks?
Backlinks are votes from other pages that have similar content as yours. They are also known as “inbound links”, “incoming links”, or “one-way links”. They are considered by search engines as “votes”. Getting backlinks means that your website is reliable and credible. Hence, the more quality backlinks a website has, the higher it is ranked in organic search because of the positive signals it gives to the search engine.
How Do You Create Backlinks?
Because backlinks factor for most search engines like Google, it is important to include them in your SEO strategies. The more backlinks that your site has from authoritative sites, the higher your online reputation will be. Here are smart techniques to get quality backlinks:
1. Replicate your competitors’ best backlinks
Work smart by learning about what backlinks your competitors use. It requires very little effort to get a list of the backlinks from your primary competitors. Consider your primary competitors as the websites that rank in the top 5 positions for your main keywords. Choose backlinks from websites that are above you in rank. Replicate their backlinks by:
- Sending a request to post to be a contributor
- Getting a similar review by contacting the writer or blogger
2. Analyze the Mentions of Your Competitor
Use the tool Mention to know how the brand names of your competitors are mentioned on the internet. You can get ahead of your competitors by being the first to answer questions from their customers and then earn a backlink.
3. Use Infographics
The demand for infographics has been increasing and the use of backlinks with infographics has also become more popular. These shareable visualizations are very affordable and convenient to use in asking for feedback and linking to high-authority sites.
4. Guest Blogging
Request to post high-quality content on authoritative sites so that you will be heard on the internet. You can earn more followers on different digital marketing platforms, including social media sites, and build high-quality backlinks. Take this method seriously and make sure that you post relevant content so that you will get better quality link juice on your site.
5. Broken Link Building
This technique involves searching for 404 errors on a website and politely letting them know about it. When you do this grand gesture, the website might reward you by linking to your website. You can search for broken links with the Google Chrome Extension called Check My Links.
Facts About Off-Page SEO
What are the latest trends in off-page SEO that you should know about to get ahead with your marketing strategy?
- Most of the effort needed to put into creating content that will help a website be ranked higher involves off-page SEO.
- According to Ahrefs, “Google takes into account many off-page factors when deciding if and where to rank web pages.”
- High-quality backlinks can be the most relevant activity of doing off-page SEO.
- There are several off-page factors that local businesses should pay close attention to, like:
- NAP (name, address, phone) citations
- Brand mentions
- Google My Business
- Social Signals
- A study conducted by Search Engine Ranking Factors showed that off-page “SEO-related factors likely carry more than 50% of the ranking factor weight”.
Making Off-Page SEO Work For Your Business
Working on off-page SEO can be very time-consuming, but if you are able to identify which off-page SEO strategy best works for your business and work hard for it, you will get great results in the long run. Improve your ranking position with quality off-page SEO by Infintech Designs.