Blogger post editor has two options Compose or HTML mode. But do you know that you can use several keyboard shortcuts with your keyboard in the compose mode to compose your post faster. Below list show all the keyboard shortcuts which can be used in blogger blogspot blog.
Important note: There are some shortcuts discussed below which publishes your blog post instantly as soon as you press it. So make sure you use that shortcut when you are willing to publish you post.
Blogger blog post editor keyboard shortcuts
- To make the text Bold - Just select the text and use Ctrl+B key combination to make the selection bold.
- To make the text Italics - To add Italicized formatting to selected text press Ctrl+I keys.
- To Insert hyperlink - Use Ctrl+Shift+A keys to insert hyperlink to selected text.
- For Blockquote - For Blockquote formatting select the text and use the Ctrl+L key combination.
- To Undo any action - It is similar to default windows shortcuts. Press Ctrl+Z keys to undo your last action.
- To Redo any action - It is also similar to default windows shortcuts. Press Ctrl+Y keys to redo your last action. Don't ever use Ctrl+R keys as this is shortcut to reloads the page in browser.
- Save post as draft - Use Ctrl+D keys to save the post as draft.
- To use the Preview mode - Use Ctrl+Shift+P keys to switch post editor to Preview mode. In Preview mode, use Ctrl+Shift+P keys again to return in the Edit mode.
- To Publish the post (Warning: this will publish your post instantly to your blog) - Use Ctrl+S keys to publish the post instantly. Usually in windows Ctrl + S keys is used to save the web page in browser, so it may not work on windows.