After Window 7 version the start menu has been changed. From Window 8 tiled version of start menu items were introduced. These tiles version looks cool but some people have problem with it. They liked the old version of the Windows start menu as most people are familiar with it and that makes their jobs easy. So in this article I will tell you how you can add start button for Windows 8 64 bit and advanced versions of Windows.
Advantage of using the old styled Windows start menu
The advantage of using that old style of Windows start button is given below:
- You can easily open and launch programs.
- Some people have problem with shutting down PC in Window 8, So shutting down your computer becomes easy with this start button.
- You can view entire installed programs inside single panel.
- Easy to understand the working of the panel. Only if you had used the older version of Windows before.
|Change start button icon|
Add start button for Windows 8 64 bit and advanced versions
Here I am talking about a simple software that will help you to add start button for Windows 8 64 bit and advanced versions. I am talking about light weight software Start Menu 8. This software is of about 5 MB and this can help you to add the start menu instead of the tiled menu of Window 8/8.1 and 10. Download this software from the link given below.
This software has two versions free and pro. For us free version is enough. Pro version is free for 30 days after which you can choose the free version of this software. No ads or any kind of pop is shown in this software. Start Menu 8 is completely free and secure to use.
|Assign shortcuts to Start menu 8|
Features of start button for Windows 8 64 bitAll the above discussed advantages are present in Start Menu 8. The other advantages of this software are
- Start button icon can be customized. See Image above.
- You can apply different themes.
- Power buttons and its options are present directly.
- You can add or remove the folders and files you want from the start menu.
- You can also assign different shortcuts to trigger the settings or menu. See Image above.
- You can choose different languages. More than 25 languages are present.
Also Learn, How to Change your Windows explorer look to chrome style