Do you know about worlds's most dangerous and poisonous gases. You must have heard of Bhopal gas tragedy in INDIA. A runaway reaction in a tank containing poisonous methyl isocyanate caused the pressure relief system to vent large amounts to the atmosphere at a Union Carbide India Limited plant. Estimates of the death toll range from 4,000 to 20,000.
Some gases like methyl isocyanate and diborane has a capability to destroy living being around it. Diborane is the chemical compound consisting of boron and hydrogen. The chemical formula of Diborane is B₂H₆ and that of methyl isocyanate is C2H3NO. Lets know some facts about these gas.
|deadliest and poisonous gases|
Facts about the poisonous gases in Mankind
- Synonyms of diborane are boroethane, boron hydride, and diboron hexahydride.
- Synonyms of methyl isocyanate are isocyanatomethane, methyl carbylamine, and MIC.
- Both the gases are colorless and are highly unstable gas at room temperature.
- Diborane mixes well with air, easily forming explosive mixtures. The same is true for Methyl isocynate.
- They both are extremely hazardous to human health.
- Diborane is manufactured under Government control.
- The pipeline or the tank where the Diborane is kept has one outer layer filled with concentrated Sulfuric acid (H₂SO₄) to prevent any dangerous situations before hand.
- Diborane combines with H₂SO₄ to cancel out its poisonous effects.
- These gases are usually not transported from one place to other due to its hazardous properties.
So these were few facts that I know about this gas. You can learn more here: List of industrial disasters from Wikipedia. If you know more, Tell me in the comment below.