Cloud access security brokers or CASB is also known as cloud security gateway provider is a tool/service that defines some special sets of security features/policies for cloud based network. Security features or policies such as authentication, authorization, single sign-on, encryption, tokenization, device profiling, logging, alerting, malware detection and prevention, credential mapping and many more.
A CASB allows the organization to extend the reach of their security policies beyond their own infrastructure. Cloud access security brokers provides visibility, data security, compliance, and threat protection functions. These functions are briefed below.
- Visibility provides organizations visibility into users, services, data, and devices.
- Data security adds an additional layer of protection including encryption.
- Compliance provides file content monitoring to find and report on regulated data in the cloud.
- Threat protection analyzes the traffic patterns to identify compromised accounts and malicious usage.
Image source: www8.hp.com/
List of cloud access security brokers (Vendors)
Here are some well known CASB Vendors.
- Intermedia (AppID)
- SkyHigh Networks
- Skyfence (now an Imperva company)
- Managed Methods
So you learnt about Cloud access security brokers in brief. To know more about Cloud access security brokers in details go to netskope.com.
Know more about Cloud access security brokers here.