Ok, Do you know about Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, which was launched on 2 Oct 2014 by Modi. Filth is considered one of the major problems in India and Modi gave the issue its due importance by launching a nationwide campaign. Many called it a masterstroke from Modi as it put him at par with Mahatma Gandhi in public perception and also gave people the message to act on hygiene and civic sense. Modi nominated notable personalities from film industry, sports, media, business and other celebrities to promote the initiative.
Some Important steps taken through This mission.
- Delhi to get 480 Public Toilet seats at 80 locations in next 3 months under Swachh Bharat Mission
- Delhi, MP, Karnataka, Tamil Naidu, AP and Goa lead awareness campaign about Swachh
- Bharat in urban areas
- Cleanliness at Tourist Destinations
- Workshop on “Corporate Social Responsibility- Swachh, Swastha & Samruddh Bharat ki Aur”
- UD Ministry enables online applications for assistance under Swachh Bharat Mission
- President inaugurates International Seminar on “Clean and Capable India of Gandhi’s Dream”
- Eligible Donations to Swachh Bharat Kosh and Clean Ganga Fund to be 100% Deductible
- Tax Measures Announced to Promote Swachh Bharat Initiatives and Public Health
- Railways to Work on ‘Swachh Rail - Swachh Bharat’
- Centre sanctions Rs.460 cr to 10 states under Swachh BharatMission
- Commemorative Postage Stamp on Swachh Bharat released
- USAID, Bill & Milinda Gates Foundation to assist in Swachh Bharat Mission in urban areas
- Nationwide Monitoring of use of Toilets will be launched from January, 2015
- Solid waste management one of the admissible components under Swachh Bharat Mission
- Government of India Calendar 2015 - “Clean India GreenIndia” released
- Government announces Swachh Bharat Kosh Operational Guidelines; To come into force with immediate effect
- ‘Swachhta’ should be instilled in children as one of the core values: Shri Arun Jaitley; ‘Swachhta’ to be the central theme of Rashtriya Bal Film Mela
Bal Swachhta Mission launched
|Shri Rajnath Singh and Sushri Uma Bharati inaugurating the ‘Gomti Safai Abhiyaan’, in Lucknow|
PM initiates drive towards clean Ganga; participates in Shramdaan as part of Swachhta Abhiyan at Assi Ghat, Varanasi
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, today initiated the drive towards a clean Ganga, as he participated in shramdaan to remove dirt on the banks of the River Ganga at Assi Ghat in Varanasi.
The Prime Minister later nominated nine eminent persons to carry forward the task. He said social organizations in Varanasi have assured him that the work of cleaning the Ghats in the city shall be completed in one month.
Earlier, Shri Narendra Modi offered prayers and performed Aarti Pujan at Assi Ghat.
- Consumer organizations urged to undertake responsibility of cleanliness of toilets in girl’s schools under Swachh Bharat Mission
- Department of Consumer Affairs under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution has urged the voluntary consumer organizations to actively participate in the endeavour of Swachh Bharat Mission and undertake responsibility of cleanliness of atleast one toilet in a girl’s school for the entire year.
- In a communication to the Voluntary Consumer Organizations and NGOs, working in the field of consumer welfare in close coordination with the Ministry, the Department has asked them to run awareness campaigns to mobilize the people for Swachh Bharat Mission by organizing debate, essay and poster competitions among consumers in particular and people in general.
Rs.1,800 cr IEC mission for behavioral changes under Clean India Mission. Urban Development Minister Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu today (28.10.2014) inaugurated two blocks of public toilets for the benefit of two JJ Clusters on Kali Bari Marg, New Delhi. Comprising of a total of 17 toilets, these two blocks have been built by the New Delhi Municipal Council at a total cost of Rs.12.50 lakhs, under Swachh Bharat Mission, launched by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, on the 2nd October this year.
The Union Minister for Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty
Alleviation and Parliamentary Affairs, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the
Union Minister of Rural Development, Drinking Water & Sanitation,
Panchayati Raj, Shipping, Road Transport & Highways, Shri Nitin Gadkari
releasing the logo of ‘Swachchh Bharat Mission’, in New Delhi
on September 25, 2014. Courtesy: Photo Division
Shri Rajnath Singh addressing the employees on the occasion of undertaking
an intensive cleanliness campaign by the Ministry of Home Affairs in
New Delhi on September 25, 2014. Courtesy: Photo Division
Don't forget to share this on facebook and twitter and with every one else.