You are here to create your own website. Here you will learn how to create your own website quickly and easily, in just a few steps. If it's for your company or business or a website for a hobby or personal interest, the process is much the same for all. The steps for creating website is as follows:
- Choose and buy A Domain Name (Like your site name such as mine www.mindxmaster.com)
- Buy and Setup A Web Host Account (It's buying space for keeping your site data on internet)
- Install Your CMS (Content Management System) – we are going with WordPress. (It is the main code which creates your site, Its completely free)
Instantly setting up a wordpress website using wordpress
Let us see the steps in brief.
1) Choose Your Domain Name
Choose your website name. The first thing you will need to do before you get started is figure out a domain name that will best represent your needs for creating a website. You can determined this by the nature of website, whether your website is personal or professional in nature.
Choosing the domain name is little tricky, following are some tips to choose perfect domain name.
|Create your own site|
- Choose your the domain name short, clear, concise and easy to remember.
- Try to make the name relevant to your purposes for creating the website.
- Figure out the appropriate extension (.com, .net, .org etc.). .com is widely used by peoples go with that. If the website is related to any organisation use .org, goverment site uses .gov for Country specific sites use the country id as .in for India, .uk for UK and more. For personal site .com is best.
So your complete site name or address will look like www.yourchoosenname.com like this site www.mindxmaster.com.
You can choose various domain name by registrar I mean site providing domain you can choose it at different prices.Some registrar includes dreamhost, godaddy, hostgator etc.
Now go ahead and choose your hosting account.
2) How to Set Up A Web Hosting Account
The second thing that every website must have in order to work is a web hosting service. This is the actual server that will keep your website and make it available 24/7 for the whole world of internet to see. It keeps the CMS we said above i.e. the codes that makes your site.
You can keep your hosting and domain with different sites or same site it dosen't matter. Search on Google, you will find very low priced hosting. But please read the reviews before choosing hosting account.
You can learn more about Hosting sites Here List of great hosting site with high uptime.
I don't recommend free hosting as they are not great. But you can try free hosting Here is the List of free site giving free hosting without any fees or ads.
Now you are done with site basic requirements. Now Head toward installing CMS on hosting server and connect your site domain name to hosting server. The steps for these will be included in the email provided by the hosting and domain company as soon as you buy them.
3) Install Your CMS (i.e. Wordpress)The hosting server provides one click installation of wordpress code. There are lots of different ways you can build a website, but the most popular method by far is to use a free piece of software called WordPress. WordPress makes it easy enough for anyone to create their own website or blog, it’s really user friendly and you don’t need to know any coding or programming to make it work.
It is also completely customizable, and able to create anything from a basic 1 or 2 page website to a huge thousand page authority site (and everything in between).
WordPress is also very popular within the web development community, so if you ever do need any help, or want to do something a little more complex, you can always find a programmer who can help and it doesn’t usually very much because everyone is so familiar with WordPress.
Intalling wordpressGo to “cPanel Login” of your hosting account it will be provided by your hosting company. And begin installing wordpress.
In site-settings option, You can also just leave the “Enable Multisite” option un-ticked.
Next you will need to enter a username, password and email, these will be your main logins to manage your website, so make sure you record these somewhere safe.
Then at last you will see the “Select Launguage” option and “Limit Login Attempts”, which you can again just leave them as they are and click the Install Button. After a minute or two you should see the screen below, which means that the software has been installed and is ready to go.
|Wordpress first page|
Setting up and managing your Wordpress siteTo manage your new website, you will login to the WordPress admin dashboard, which is like your website management area.
To access this simple enter your domain name and add /wp-admin/ to the end of it.
For example: www.YourDomainName.com/wp-admin/
Then you will need to enter the username and password which you have created during installation and once you are logged in, you should see your Dashboard:
Down the left hand side of your Dashboard, you will see links to all the tools you will need to manage your website. Take some time to get familiar with these as this is where you will manage your website from now on.
Here is a brief description of few of the options.
1. Posts and Pages.Posts are created when you make a blog. You will be able to post small previews on each of your pages. Then users will have the ability to click on a link to read the remainder of the post.
If you do not like that set up you can use traditional pages and offer links from your “Homepage”.
Either is perfectly fine, and it is determined by your personal preferences.
2. MediaWordPress helps you to upload any media that you would like to enhance your website’s functionality and appearance. This includes images, videos, etc.
3. LinksWordPress enables you to create links and widgets for your website. This is convenient and makes WordPress a valuable tool.
4. CommentsUsers who visit your site will be able to make comments on your content if you enable this interesting feature.
This can make for a very personable experience with your website; however, this depends upon the purpose of the site you are learning how to build.
5. AppearanceThe appearance of your website is completely up to yo u and your personal preferences. You will have the freedom to make your site as fun, exciting, clean, fresh, and interesting as you wish to make it.
By using GreenGeeks.com and WordPress to learn how to make a website you are getting a great experience for building a website without all of the headaches of programming and coding.
6. PluginsOne of the other great features with WordPress is the functionality of adding plugins. You can access free plugins to enhance your website! These include, but are not limited to: visitor counter, image slideshow, etc.
All you have to do is search for what you are looking for and install the plugins with an easy click of a button.
Just like learning how to build your own website, all of this and more about how to set up WordPress after the initial installation is explained in our other free website tutorials. Be sure to check them out!
Don't forget to share this on facebook and twitter and every one else. Thank you for reading this post.
Ask your questions in comment section.