Renaming your PC is not a tough Job. If you are a newbie or you had bought a new PC or for some reason you want to change your PC name. Then I will tell you some simple steps to Rename your PC, New PC's come with predefined names allotted by their PC manufacturers. So to change the name of your PC, Follow the simple Guide below.
You may have different version of Windows OS like I am using Window 8. So all version have different kind of option to rename. So check the version of your Windows whether it is XP, vista, 7 ,8 and 10, and follow the process below.
Change workgroup name and PC name
FOR Old WINDOWS and XP
- Firstly make sure that you are logged in with Administrator privileges
- Click Start then select the Control Panel and go to Performance And Maintenance
- Now click on System and then on Computer Name tab. Current Computer Name and Workgroup are displayed here.
- To change the Computer Name or the Workgroup, click on Change.
- Enter a name for your computer in the Computer Name field and Workgroup name in the Workgroup field
- Click OK and when a window prompts you to restart the computer, click OK and restart your PC. You are done!
For Window 7,Window Vista, Window 8 and 10 users
- Right Click My Computer, or This PC folder on desktop or in the explorer and Click on Properties.
- Click on search box at the right top corner and type there system and press Enter or go to advanced settings.
- Click Change button under Computer Name Tab in advanced setting or click on Rename this PC under the setting search.
- Type a new Name for Computer under Computer Name Field and new workgroup name under Workgroup.
- Now click OK. You will be prompted to reboot the computer and once your reboot is complete, your new computer name will be effective.
So, Give your PC a unique name and have fun. You can also rename the workgroup name through the same process, you just have to enter the workgroup name in the workgroup column.
Thank you for reading this post. Share it if you like.