Today I will share Some Knowledge about Phishing attacks and its protection. Phishing protection is necessary because you can be a victim of it anytime. The fraud websites are there to hunt down the users and had access to their personal account information.
What is a phishing attack?
Phishing is a copy of any authentic webpage which looks a lot similar to the original website and their domain is almost matching the original domain with some changes. This webpage is actually made to attract people to login with their credentials into the fake website. And the data entered by the users is made available to the one who has made that phishing webpage.
This kind of attack is done mainly through email in order to grab the personal information of any user. Mainly search engines make sure that phishing page is crawled and indexed by them. Phishing attacks the person through emails which appears as if they are coming from the authentic organization and are very Important. These mails usually ask for your personal information such as debit/credit card number, bank account number, social passwords or they ask you to click a link and login.
Phishing protection tips
To protect yourself from phishing follow the below mentioned tips:
- Check the emails and mark the emails as spam whichever you find suspicious. Be careful while opening the spam mails.
- Always use secure https website to send or enter personal information.
- Never use email to send the Account or password details.
- Do not download files or open any attachments link in emails from unknown user. If you know the user then only aim to open or download it.
- Always check the email links before opening it.
- Make sure your PC has firewall, spam filters, anti-virus and anti-spyware softwares. Know about preventing virus & spyware attacks.
- Popup screens are quite dangerous. Don't enter anything in a pop up window without checking the authenticity of the website.
- Regularly keep a watch on your online accounts, bank statements and other money related accounts to make sure no transactions other than yours has been made.